Saras is a leader operator in the refining sector in Europe
Its main assets/activities are:
- One of the biggest high complexity refinery in the Mediterranean Sea
- 300,000 barrels per day of refining capacity (about 15% of Italy's total refining capacity);
- More than 80% of production is of medium and light distillates with low environmental impact (mainly diesel and gasoline);
- Integration with petrochemical and electricity production.
- IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle): one of the largest liquid fuel gasification plant in the world that converts heavy refining residues into clean gas, with limited environmental impact, which is subsequently used in power generation
- 575 MW of installed power;
- Three independent trains for gasification and production;
- Electricity production in excess of 4 terawatt-hours per year.
- Marketing activities in Italy and Spain
- Wholesale sales of oil products with high added value and low environmental impact, such as low sulphur gasoil and gasoline;
- Two storage facilities for distribution of products at Arcola (Italy) and Cartagena (Spain);
- Retail business mainly located in the South of Spain through 112 retail stations.
- Generation of electricity from renewable sources
- Wind farm with capacity of 96 MW in Ulassai (Sardinia).
- Presence in industrial engineering services for the oil sector.
Last Update: 20/06/2014